FIIS is an activity organised by the Oceanogràfic that intends to support our new marine world cinema proposals, and to promote their continuity.
It will take place from 26 to 28 May 2017 at the Oceanogràfic’s Red Sea Auditorium in Valencia (Spain).
The Oceanogràfic held the first edition of this Festival in 2008. As an institution committed to the natural environment and sustainability, the Oceanogràfic frames this second edition in 2017 within the International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development.
The UN declaring 2017 as the International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development is a unique opportunity for the tourist sector to continue contributing to the three pillars of sustainability: economic, social and environmental.
Specifically by contributing to the conservation and sustainable use of oceans, seas and marine resources towards sustainable development.
The overall objective of FIIS:
- To create an annual festival that becomes a milestone in the Oceanogràfic’s activity and a reference in Spain with national repercussion and international prestige, and that contributes to promote activities directly related to images and scuba diving, and that transmit a message of environmental respect and protection.
- Bring the general public closer to the world of underwater videos and photography
- Set an annual meeting point for the world’s scuba diving professionals, and for national and international underwater audiovisual production
- Promote making underwater films and taking underwater photographs
- Disseminate the message of conserving the marine world and its inhabitants by means of underwater video-making and photography as a communication channel